Don't you just hate it when you take that next sip of coffee, and you, expecting warm comfort, get that lukewarm sweetness, even though it's in one of those stainless steel cups with a lid. And my Yeti cup has an American flag hanging from the antler of a moose on it. This coffee is definitely not supposed to be cold yet.
Then again, I am a classic introvert, and it's my fault. I probably got carried away in my thoughts, random YouTube videos, my never ending internet research, including looking at rocks on Etsy. Not that I am going to buy any. I am broke you see. I work for a school district, and there's no work for the next 2.5 months. The long-anticipated Summer break is finally here! I am certain teachers look forward to Educator's Summer Freedom more than the kids do. And CERTAINLY more than the parents, ha ha.
So time I have, and time and quiet I did intend to buy with my hard earned money. Money earned NOT in quietness, as I substitute teach primarily at Title 1 high schools. The work consists of sitting, trying to read (phone or book) and hoping nobody gets me in trouble, by things such as TicToc video making or taking 14 bathroom breaks or my favorite (NOT) yelling and screaming. I sprinkle in my smile and kindness. It's a much easier job than most. Thank you God.
Yep. Coffee is now even colder than it was a few minutes ago. Colder and now undrinkable, but it did its duty. And I will happily continue to enjoy the beginning of the long-awaited Summer break. Broke, but satisfied. Thank you Jesus.
God bless.
"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." - John 6:29
Comments
Post a Comment