Introverts and Clouds

Is it that clouds remind us of lofty ideas?  Or could it be just their beauty? All those shades of white and gray covering the sky like a fluffy blanket.  All alit by the Sun.

And how they draw our eyes upwards, like when we are thinking.  Quietly thinking, looking out at the clouds before the rain comes in, if it ever does. 

Or maybe it's that mood we introverts love so much.  That cozy, quiet, contemplative mood they seem to conjure when they sky is bathed in them.  Giving us a welcome break from the bright blaring sun with its extrovert vibe.

And like our thoughts, the clouds keep coming, moving and flowing ethereally.  Traveling calmly across the sky, a good visual for us whose minds are often tumultuous.  But even the clouds have their moments of thunderous wrath...


So thank you Lord for the clouds to beautify our life and ignite the imagination!  I am sometimes anxious, but clouds make it better a little.  Clouds are my very favorite part of nature, I have always said.  They are the only thing beautiful about South Florida (where I'm from), where they are low-lying and stunningly, gloriously beautiful.  I'm in Carolina now, and we do not have nature's daily light show in the sky, like there is in South Florida, but the clouds are still a meditation to this introvert soul.


Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  - John 11:25

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. - Revelation 1:7


Comments